The COVID-19 pandemic has been hard on everyone all over the world. But it has been specifically hard for the patients who have been inflicted by this pandemic & their nearest family members. As per multiple studies, the rate of mental health disorders all over the world is skyrocketing. As per a study conducted in Ecuador & published in the Healthline, people diagnosed with COVID-19 commonly experience anxiety, insomnia, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder even after they have recovered from the disease.
COVID-19 Pandemic & Increasing Cases of Depression
There is also widespread psychological stress due to the pandemic & its impact on social life & if by chance someone catches the virus there is also the accompanying stress of physical fatigue & its repercussions. The novelty factor associated with the disease & lesser insights into its management & post instance handling furthermore leads to a greater impact on the mental health of people.
A lot of patients who have recovered from COVID-19 still happen to suffer from many difficulties, which include physical fatigue, difficulty in carrying out everyday tasks such as, office work, exercise, cooking, etc. In many cases, it may take months for some patients to recover. There are frequent reports of patients complaining of, shortness of breath, cognitive impairments, dizziness, etc.
As such the reasons for post-COVID depression can be many, but let us explore what is causing this worldwide issue. Some of the possible reasons could be:
- Impact of the virus on lung function, which may impact the level of oxygen in the blood supply to the brain, which as a resultant could impact the cognitive functions.
- The social isolation & the uncertainty connected with the complications related to COVID-19 may lead to extreme anxiety and uneasiness in certain patients.
- In some extreme cases if the virus has impacted the central nervous system it can lead to extreme brain damage which can lead to long-term mental health implications.
- The novelty factor and the potential of COVID-19 being life-threatening, oftentimes even after healing definitely adds to the associated anxiety in the patients & their near & dear ones.
How to combat with post-COVID impact?
- Practice mindful healing, a continuous state of anxiety increases the cortisol levels in the body thus constantly keeping it in the fight-or-flight state, which further goes on to reduce the immunity and makes one more susceptible to other health issues and complications.
- Focus on your body, understand its weakness & try to adapt to a healthy routine, eat healthy food and include more leafy greens, vegetables, fruits & whole grains in your diet, this will eventually build up your immune system & usher in more stamina to build up a weakened body.
- Try Meditation & other therapies such as healing through yoga, various breathing techniques & alternative therapies such as massages, ayurvedic healing, etc.
- Consult your doctor to start taking immunity-building supplements such as Vitamin C, D, Zinc, Giloyetc. This will not only protect your body but will also help in building long-term immunity. You can find all these supplements at Pharmearth at a great price & easy buying options with doorstep delivery benefits. Get online medicine delivery in ahmedabad.
- Keep a healthy routine, be kind to yourself & talk it out. Reach out to people for support. The whole world is grappling with the novelty of this disease & you are definitely not alone in this battle.
Above everything else, try and stay in a positive & healthy mindset always. Many great battles are won in life with a positive outlook, and then for every other medical need of yours, there is Pharmearth.